Sunday we went to the Galloway's to celebrate a birthday and while we were preparing to go over this was a conversation we had with Benjamin.
Benjamin: I need to give some toys to Kohen.
Matt: Why do you need to give Kohen some toys?
Benjamin: Because Kohen doesn't have any toys.
Catherine: He's got toys, they are just baby toys like Josette's.
Benjamin: Sister Foster, my primary teacher says that I can give Kohen some toys that I don't want anymore.
Matt: That's great!
Matt and Catherine: If there's toys you don't want anymore we can still give them away to some other kids who would want them and be old enough to play with them.
Benjamin: No, I can only give them to Kohen because I know him. I don't want to give them to somebody else!
We figure that understanding 50% is not to bad. It was so funny and said in a way that only a 4 year old can say. The boys love Kohen and we got to watch him tonight for Lucy. It was fun and he and Josette seem to be making a connection. A bit like Sophie and Isaac (whom we still talk about regularly). Kohen is two months older but about double Josette's size ( about like the other two mentioned earlier..) and they were having fun holding hands and chit chatting.
"Well, you see....."Benjamin: I need to give some toys to Kohen.
Matt: Why do you need to give Kohen some toys?
Benjamin: Because Kohen doesn't have any toys.
Catherine: He's got toys, they are just baby toys like Josette's.
Benjamin: Sister Foster, my primary teacher says that I can give Kohen some toys that I don't want anymore.
Matt: That's great!
Matt and Catherine: If there's toys you don't want anymore we can still give them away to some other kids who would want them and be old enough to play with them.
Benjamin: No, I can only give them to Kohen because I know him. I don't want to give them to somebody else!
We figure that understanding 50% is not to bad. It was so funny and said in a way that only a 4 year old can say. The boys love Kohen and we got to watch him tonight for Lucy. It was fun and he and Josette seem to be making a connection. A bit like Sophie and Isaac (whom we still talk about regularly). Kohen is two months older but about double Josette's size ( about like the other two mentioned earlier..) and they were having fun holding hands and chit chatting.
"Boy I'm good! Holding the ladies hands already!"

4 comments:
Hey Mowers! We hope you had a good Christmas. We got to see Lucy & Braden & Kohen when they were here in Spokane over Christmas. it was great to see some old friends.
Catherine forgot the best part of the story:
Matt: What toy are you going to give him?
Benjamin: Big boy toys, Kohen needs some big boy toys.
Catherine: But what big boy toys are you going to give him?
Benjamin: The ones that I don't like.
Again, at least he wants to share.
catherine, Very cute pictures! You will have to tell Lucy and Braden HI for us. Just to keep the record straight Isaac still talks of Sophie also and wish we could see her more! Alas, me too...maybe someday! Only two months to match!
Love,
Kim
Hi there! I am so glad to get a little bit of the Mowers on a blog! I love it! It is so fun to see pics. of your kids! Give Lucy a big hello for me. have a great day!
Post a Comment