They have recently rearranged our stake. Our ward was like a mirror that had someone stepped on it and broke it into 4 pieces. Our new ward had a polynesian night activity as a get to know you. All 3 kids sat quietly at their table and ate their dinners. Then the entertainment part of the night. A sidenote: There is a large Tongan and Somoan community in Anchorage. In fact there are a Tongan and Somoan ward in a neighboring stake. A family was invited to do dances from around the islands and between dances the floor was opened up for dancing. Benjamin, who is a bit reserved around people he doesn't know, stood in the middle of the floor hands in pockets and knees slightly "bouncing" to the beat of the music. This was a vision of stake dances in another 10 years. During the second such dancing intermission Carsten joined him with hands in pockets, perfectly imitating his older brother. And of course, I left the camcorder at home. Typical.
This was also our first Sunday in the new ward. The kids did really well. We were a bit worried about B. who is always weary of change but he did great. C. of course went right in to nursery. S. was also a little on the nervous side but hopefully it will get better as time goes on.
We have also been attempting the potty bit, 100th times the charm. I stole Shannon B.s idea of a pull-up fairy who came and took them during the night. Thanks Shannon! So, there are no more pull-ups and so far I only have to do a wardrobe change every 4 hours or so. He'll do really well when we leave the house but at home he could care less. I wish he would just understand the money he would save us!:)
The joy of Johnny jump ups
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Wish I had the camera
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is crazy that your ward split like that. Sometime I wonder where they get the ideas for the boundaries! I am glad you used the idea of the pull up fairy idea! (except it wasn't my ORIGINAL idea, I can't even remember who I got that from). But I am glad it's working! YEAH! REALLY CUTE kiddos! Still can't believe you have 4!
The ward activity sounds fun! It makes me excited for my brother's polynesian themed wedding reception in less then a month! Your kids are getting so big!
Eric and I got a good laugh of imagining the boys dancing. Your family is so cute! We miss you guys. Hope everything is good!
It's like moving again without ever leaving your house! Though this does open all kinds of calling possibilities...! :o)
~25 days!
I think it is exciting to have things change in a stake or ward. I know its tougher on kids though. Sounds like the ward activity was fun. I had heard that a lot of people in Alaska go to the Pacific Islands in the winter. Maybe that is because they are from there. Makes sense to me.
I hope you are enjoying your day and summer comes sooner than you think.
Have a good one!
it split into 4?! crazy! i am actually super excited that there's such a samoan/tongan population up there. i have a thing about wanting to learn more about polynesian culture! shane cracked me up this morning. i asked if he knew which ward we were in and he said, "Well, I think we're in the one called Hmong Ward- weird name. Maybe that's a street?" No...it's the Hmong branch...just like there's a Samoan ward and Tongan ward, there is a Hmong branch. :) Silly.
i love the pull up idea. i'm just excited k will finally go potty outside of the house. what a battle boys are!
i love the dancing, too- that cracks me up.
Post a Comment