Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Roof and Boys

A picture would have explained everything except it would have only encouraged them. For awhile now the boys have been asking for a trampoline so that they could jump from the garage roof onto the tramp. We have not given in but I just don't know where this fasination with jumping from the roof comes from. I was cleaning the garage while the boys where running around playing outside. I suddenly hear some scratching noises coming from above me. Where are the boys? I run around the side of the house and spot Carsten balanced on the top of the fence about ready to get onto the roof. I start calmly but loudly informing him to get down. Then I notice Benjamin at the peak of the garage roof. I not so calmly tell him to get off the roof. He proceeds to run down and JUMP off the roof. Luckily it is only about 5 feet up but still he ran and jumped. He was trying to get his frisbee off the roof on the front side which is much higher. I hope I was able to scare them enough to deter them for at least another year but it begins and they are only 3 and 4 1/2! As people hear of this story I have learned of other little boys jumping into the snow banks from the upper roofs, repelling down the sides of houses and other such stories. I knew that it would happen at some point I just hoped it wouldn't happen so soon.

5 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh, you scare me with your stories!! I would have had a panic attack!

Stephanie B said...

That is why it scares me to have boys.

j said...

oh wow- i would have FREAKED out! i am constantly making sure kellen and the neighbor boys aren't jumping off our deck!

APAPAOOHMOWMOW said...

"Here we go
All the way
Airborne! RANGER! GREEN BERET!"

"Here we go
All the way
Over the hill
Down the hill
Around the hill
THROUGH the hill
Airborne! Ranger! GREEN BERET!"
Sign them up for the Guard! They are in training already. They are called PLF's Parachute Landing Falls. I'll teach them the song when I come up. We'll have them doing it correctly so they won't get hurt. Hmmm so do you still want us to come visit? You are a fantastic Mother for your sons. Keep up the good work. Julia and I were laughing then crying then laughing as we read this and the conference choas. I broke my arm when I was eight while climbing on a shed in the neighbors yard. There was a stick protruding from the inside to the outside which I decided to jumb down, grab and swing to the ground. It broke and I crashed and burned. I was a slow leaner your boys may get a fracture before they go to Kindergarten! Again, you are doing great. So sorry we did not call, maybe it was better I just would have got them more riled up. Love, Grandpa and Grandma Mower

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Boys will be boys! You are not alone! They only get more daring, sorry! Good thing they are cute!