Saturday, June 13, 2009

Awakenings

The boys have been very observant lately.

Benjamin: " Mom I'm starting to have hair on my arms. Do girls get hair too?" Sophie replied, "Yeah and I'm getting it on my legs too!

This one is a bit PG but so funny. Carsten holding up his shirt and points, "Mom what are these?"
Not one to beat around the bush I reply, "those are your nipples."
Carsten: "Do all boys have 2 nipples?"
Mom: "Yes"
Carsten: "MOM!" (with wide eyed wonder) "Do girls have them too?!"
The conversation continued with what do nipples do and why do we have them. Since I wasn't really sure how to answer told him to ask his Dad.

We've had several of these types of conversations lately with Carsten as he's becoming more aware of the differences and similarities of the sexes.

Benjamin came with me to softball practice out in the "country". It's really just down the street from the High school but we take a back road that seems to take you out to the middle of no mans land. On the side of the road there is a huge wooden boat that has been retired. Benjamin called it the "country boat".

The boys were making me another flower bed today. Carsten kept asking Matt if this was mom's new bed and was she really going to sleep out here?

3 comments:

Dawn W said...

I love your new pictures & background. Isn't it true and quite funny, that as they grow, suddenly everyday things become so amazing. (And thank goodness they have dads for some of the explainations.)

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Love the new pictures at the top! It is so fun (or not) when they discover new things!

APAPAOOHMOWMOW said...

Can't believe how fast the kids grow up now. I know I wasn't having those kinds of talks with the kids when they were that young. Anyway Grandpa will be there soon and can answer any questions. :)