Saturday, January 9, 2010

Funny moments in time

I was looking over the last month and a half and wondering where to start or how to start this new year. Do I try and play catch up or just skip it all and start fresh? There were too many moments from the last month to just skip over so I hope I can do a brief overview of the last month and a half.

From Thanksgiving until January 1, 2010 I:

Celebrated 2 birthdays
Made 2 birthday cakes, Super heroes and villains, Matt made Sophie's cake a Mower traditional chocolate that ended up turning into a type of parfait.
Baked 60 ice cream cone cupcakes complete with a cherry on top for classrooms to celebrate above birthdays.
Made 2 quiches for International Foods day for Kindergartners and 3rd graders who much preferred the pizza to eggs, bacon and cheese.
2 Pies
24 loaves of fresh bread
10 American Doll outfits
6 pairs of slippers
1 major snowfall
2 heat spells to make a mess of above snowfall
Completed my first recorded 6 mile run cold turkey and have managed to replicate 4 additional times.
Enjoyed an evening of old fashioned door to door caroling

Among this craziness called the holidays we still enjoyed the many opportunities to laugh, share time together as a family and hopefully spread a little Christmas cheer. I loved every moment.


Benjamin unwittingly added some of the greatest memorable humor:
During a warm spell where it warmed up to 40 Benjamin came out of the house to model his "warm weather snow gear"


Think we can market it? It may be a good way to recycle all those groceries bags. And the productions would take no time at all, stick legs through bag to create leg holes put straps over shoulders. Caution: Snow suits for short term use only.


While out for his Birthday dinner I asked Benjamin what he wanted to accomplish while he was six. What his goals were?

Response with out any hesitation, "Lose a tooth."


Sorry about the italics no matter how many times I try to take it off it won't work.

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

So fun to hear (and see) how things are going! I love the "bag suits," my kids love doing that as well it must be an age thing...
I can't believe how much you got done over the holidays. You can come to my house anytime, I might actually get something done if you were here :o).

APAPAOOHMOWMOW said...

Thanks again for taking the time to blog. I just love to read it. Especially when we can't be there to enjoy some of it first hand.