The title of this blog comes from a classic Benjamin statement. It has been a long couple of weeks with lots of different adventures. The cold has settled in and so the only time we breath fresh air is the dash from the car into whatever building we are heading to. We have some beautiful blue skies with lots of sun so we are praying for clouds to help warm things up a bit. Life gets a little rougher in February and March. I know we have been in the house to long when I spend more time prying Benjamin and Carsten apart than anything else. Any fun indoor ideas would be very welcome. Carsten made a customary first of the year visit to the emergency room to get 7 stitches in his chin. He was stepping from one chair to another when one chair slipped and he flew to the next chair parallel to the ground. This was not a Friday and so Superman was unavailable for saving.
I need to go on a bit of a rant about medical personal and doctors. We have had lots of recent experience dealing with some great doctors and nurses who work some very, very long hours to make sure that my children are taken care of. Doctors are only human and we forget sometimes they make educated decisions with the info they have but they are not all-knowing as some people seem to expect. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for these men and women who work hard, with little sleep to help care for us. Josette was recently admitted for a partially obstructed bowel and we had surgeon checking in on her at 3:30 am to make sure things were going ok, because a major car crash was coming in and he would be in surgery for the next couple of hours. That to me was over and beyond since all of her tests weren't scheduled until later in the morning any way. Are they worth all the money they get paid? You bet they are and I hope that I can always remember that, even when things might not go as well.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
"Superman only saves the day on Friday"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks catherine,
That was a really sweet blog, I will have Nigel read it...he just left for the hospital at 5:15 (certainly not 3:30am). I know that is can be a thankless job like many others but it is nice to hear you thoughts! I am sorry to hear about the stitches! Isaac got 4 under and 8 outer stitches from falling on the ice in exactly the same spot. The sad part is that instead of me being strong through the dr appointment I sat with my head between my legs holding a bag:o(! Not the best support. I did great before that and had him laughing and joking, oh well.
Keep you chin up!:o)
Love,
Kim
It is such a blessing to have such wonderful Dr.s around you. I know it is a double edged sword to know them as well as you do. :) Have a great day!
Three cheers for Super Doctors that save the day 7 days a week! Glad the family is moving right along (with a few bumps in the road)!
Post a Comment