Saturday, April 26, 2008

April Showers bring May...SKIING!

I was so excited to post that spring had come, all the snow was gone, the snow tires are off the car, we were spending hours at the park, the big new toy set was getting built (the list goes on and on) when 9am Friday morning IT hit. One of the fifth largest snow falls in a 24 hour period in Anchorage. By 7pm yesterday we had over a foot of snow. The crazy thing was that the day before it had been 60 and everybody was running around in shorts and tee-shirts. The snow is beautiful and I am grateful that putting away snow clothes was still on my to-do list. Oh well there is only 4 weeks left of school, it's light until 10pm and Kim will be here in 2. Kim, you might have to bring your skii clothes!

4 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Wahoo! Rain, snow or shine here I come and we are going to have a blast...see ya soon!

Bowles said...

I am sorry that the weather isn't cooperating with your plans. Good positive outlook though. Have a blast with Kim!!

The Kay Family said...

You have got to be kidding me?!?! That is some CRAZY weather! Definitely a good thing you weren't caught up on your "to-do's" and put the clothes away!! Hope you are staying warm. Oh, and I had to laugh at Benjamin's Fast or Slow Sunday comment. You are going to be glad you wrote that one down!

j said...

oh man- i can't believe it!! i totally thought shane was kidding until i checked the weather! :)