Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First week of June -Part 2

We left off with Josette getting sick in the tent. I moved to the car but it wasn't going to be a one time thing. Feeling that we needed to get back to Anchorage and be near a hospital we packed up camp at midnight and headed home. We were very thankful for Alaskan summers that allowed us to do all this with day(night)light. The kids were very bummed about going home. In fact for two days Benjamin would get up in the morning and say that he would rather be at the campground and I agreed with him. Girls camp wasn't all over yet but it was fun while we were there.

Anyway, I digress. Josette continued to get sick but she wasn't lethargic so the Dr. and I agreed that she had probably picked up a bug while camping and we'll continue to watch it. Friday morning she was worse so our Peditrician suggested that we meet him at the hospital. This is the point I become very thankful that our move to Scotland was cancelled. I arrived at the emergency room at 1:30pm, our Ped. Dr. was on call and had let the front desk know we were coming and to send her right back to him. We waited 1 minute went back. Her surgeon had already been notified of what was going on and had ordered all the necessary x-rays. 15 minutes later we were in x-ray. If anybody is familiar with a busy ER you know that this is pretty darn fast. By 5pm she was in surgery. They weren't exactly sure what they would find but the only real way to find out was to open her up.

An hour and a half later she was out and the news was not the best but not the worst. She had multiple adhesions and narrowing of her bowel. Nothing had to be cut off which is a really good thing. We are still hanging out in the hospital where things are going ok. We take it day by day. We had a tooting party last night when she finally passed some gas. In this world tooting is very,very important. We are still waiting for a true bowel movement.

Benjamin is so sweet and always has the hardest time when something isn't right in his world. He is so tender hearted.

I always feel so blessed at times likes this and I need to write those down for my kids to read some day. Also, so I can remember when I forget. I know that sounds a bit backwards. I appreciate even more the wonderful man that I married and his love and concern for his children. He does everything for us. I am very fortunate to have been born into and married into great families. I know that it isn't always the case to have both things. My mom jumped on a plane the next morning to be with the kids and Mom M. was just as ready to get up here and help out. I sure do appreciate my moms and dads. And there are two grandpa's that I think worry more than we do being so far away. Aunts and Uncles who love and worry for our kids with out knowing them very well. I have some incredible friends and great neighbors who mow our lawn, watch our children,bring us dinner, and wash my dishes. They even offer to wash our laundry! I don't know if I deserve all these great people in my life, those far and near. Most importantly I have the knowledge of priesthood blessings and that miracles do occur. Thank you all and Love you!


2 comments:

Nygards said...

Oh Cat, Your family is in our prayers. I love the stories of your boys. I wish I could meet them. You are great! Hope everything gets better!

NicKim Family said...

Cat, we love you guys and we wish we were closer so we could bring meals, and take the kids! I'm so glad that your getting some help! Keep us updated when you have a chance! Sending lots of love! K,N & L