What do the three things in the title do to you? They take me back a few years! Meme let B. pick out a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie at the library and now I have two little boys with swords down the back of their pants. B. wakes up every morning looking for green shirts and shorts to wear. I couldn't believe it when C. walked out in B.'s superman jacket. For a moment I thought the world would come to a screaming end when Benjamin realized that Carsten was wearing the jacket. That was the official moment that I knew we were past the Superman phase. I wouldn't mind going back though, it was a whole lot less violent with Superman. So far we have B. with a bruised chin and Sophie got a good whack across her cheek. If only those turtles had stayed in the past.
Rollerblades though I am very happy to have come back out. It's been forever since I've been able to go, 5 years at least. Today I was able to break them out. We went 8 miles roundtrip with 4 kids! S. and B. rode their bikes and I pushed the two youngest in the stroller. I was just amazed at Benjamin but on the way back he started slowing down. I asked what was wrong and he responded, "the fast has just gone out of me!"
High Waters is our last flash back and that would be Sophie's poor fate in clothing. I don't know how that girl keeps growing but she does. Everything is just getting shorter and shorter. I keep waiting for the sun to come out so that we can play them off as capri's or something. The thing is she is all leg. It's incredible that S. has any coordination but she has lots of it. She scored two goals in her soccer game. The funny part is that she skips across the field and keeps up with all the girls. If she would run it would be amazing what she could do.
Benjamin came to my Softball game tonight. He is mister serious. I asked him on the way home when he got so smart. Benjamin responded, "I was a smart baby." Yes Benjamin you were!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
TMNT, Rollerblades and High Waters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Catherine,
I am also sad to hear that B is finished with his sumperman stage. It was so cute to see him get up and slip into his jacket and cape and ready to go! I am sure C is enjoying the new found treasure and this will allow him to keep up the use for many months to come. If only there was a way to pass it onto J...
I know how you feel with Sophie. I can't keep Isaac in clothes. I am loving summer for that reason- shorts! He is in a size 10 right now but I am expecting that before the school year start we will be in a size 12! Just more the reason they are a great match!
I am still anxiously waiting to see some of Matt's fishing pictures.
Oh my goodness! I miss my nieces & nephews! I think it's so funny that they are into TMNT!! That is so cute! You'll have to post some pictures.
i'm glad to hear that all is well at your house. we are gladly past the turtle phase at our house. we too had injuries. even though i haven't let them see the iron man movie, or the hulk, they are the current themes!!
we had a turtles phase a while ago- it was because we had some hand-me-downs from others that had them on it. but we have grown out of the clothes, and thus the phase! now all keith's friends seem to play star wars, so he likes to too, although he hasn't see it.- maybe we will get to see you at the hike this thurs. it is baldy/the ranch at the top of skyline!
Why are you guys just all so darn cute! I love the stories and miss you tons!
Post a Comment