I know that you are used to getting the updates from Cat, but she has convinced me (read blackmail) to contribute to the family news. So for this weeks edition I will cover Sophie's recent soccer match FC Green Dragons vs. The Orange. So it started out as a typical Thursday afternoon. I rush home from work, get there in time to see Cat and give her a kiss as she hands of Josie to me as she makes the mad dash to my still running car hoping that a moose hasn't found the front end of some Subaru causing her to be late to her softball game. This time she did take Benjamin though so I am only outnumbered 3 to 1.
So here we with a little game time coaching , of which Sophie (number 7) seems to think that she doesn't need, and then with the classic "Let's go Score" we are off.
Meanwhile Josie is asleep, and Carsten, well, it looks like this may be a long game.Here we go for the opening kick. Sophie really hasn't gotten the competitive spirit yet. She more skips across the field than runs but she has fun and is always trying ...sort of.
Carsten meanwhile has found dirt. Need I say more. Back to the game.
Sophie has by now played her time and is now supporting her team from the sidelines. This is pretty tame soccer. It is 4 on 4 and there is no score kept (except in the minds of the parents, Sophie's team is undefeated thank you very much.)
Carsten...yep still in the dirt.
Half-Time score The Orange 1- Green Dragons 0. Better get going Green. Undefeated season is in jeopardy. But we are not keeping score.
OK what is this. Apparently Carsten isn't the only Mower interested in dirt. Sophie, get listening to your coach!
Second half is off and wow look at that kick.
And the follow though leads to a goal. Sometime I think that Sophie may really just be cut out for cheerleading even though my mind is screaming NO!!!
Carsten...looks like he has moved on to rocks. Josette...still good.
On the field it looks like things are getting a bit rough. But that is ok. The game is over and the Green Dragons have come back to win it 5-2.
Great game Orange.
Mom has showed up just in time to help us get home. Carsten seems to be a bit resistant to the idea.
Well, tune back next week to see the Green Dragons battle the Blue Blueberries.
Lemon Pepper Salmon & Loaded Sweet Potato
2 weeks ago
5 comments:
Sophie,
Good job making that goal in soccer!
I miss you.
love,
Isaac
Brother, I love it. I have to say that's up there with something Nick would do. Impressive! Love ya all
Awesome commentary and pictures on the evening! I really enjoyed it Matt. I hope the green dragons remain undefeated! Go Sophie!
Have a good one!
that is an awesome goal! :) sophie just looks professional out there...actually, so does carsten in the dirt! :) he knows what he's doing!
haha!! I found your blog, and funny as it is . . . we were the orange tigers! haha We were undefeated until we played your team. but who's counting right {just parents} :D I admit, your team is pretty good! Sounds like you guys beat the Blueberries too (Coop's team). There's no stop'n those dragons!!! Maybe Sophie and Kali will be on the same team next year! -Lisa
Post a Comment