We have a great nightly routine in our home the last week. Sit in front of the tv and cheer on people in incredible shape and comment on their muscles. I just got done seeing a 38 year old women win the marathon and a 41 get a silver in a all out swim sprint. It makes me think that there is still hope for me to get those amazing muscles.
I love the Olympics! The kids have really gotten into it doing their own Olympics. Gymnastics and now racing is occurring nightly in our basement. The front yard shares gymnastics and volleyball. Matt and I try to pick what events the kids would do. So far Sophie gets volleyball, Carsten is the swimmer, Benjamin the shooter, and well, Josette is badminton.
Now to watch Phelps win #8.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
There is still Hope
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Catherine,
wasn't that SO cool watching the marathon. I was amazed at the lead she had and held a good portion of the race, WOW! It was also pretty exciting to watch Phelps win #8. I have to admit I had no idea who he was or what he was doing until Friday! I also loved the 41 year old swimmers words..."you are never to old to achieve your dreams!"
I love what you picked for the kids sports. I will have to think about our kids...
I don't know I think Sophie could do swimming too. With those long arms she could be a mighty force on some relay team. Hopefully if she does beach volleyball the women's outfits would be a bit more modest by the time she would compete. Of couse that's just Grandma speaking. I still think Matt has time and should go for it. :)
How exciting, I want to come to the Delta Circle Olympics and see the champions! Yes, it is so much fun to wathc. I'm not getting enough sleep these days.
Pictures of you at Sheep Creek brough back fantastic memories. I sure wish I could have been there this time too!
Love Grandpa
Badminton...really. I'm thinking my niece is much cooler then that...come on Cat what about Softball. Although I think I need to get into rowing...maybe I can learn then teach Josette
sounds like we need to get sophie and kali together! she's gonna be our little volleyball player too! maybe jason will be there coach! he's the star in our fam. too bad they don't have volleyball for 7 year olds!!
I loved this post! We, too, were hooked on the Olympics. It's kind of nice to have them over now only because we can finally get some sleep!! :)
I am with you in holding out hope that one day I to might have the ability to do those amazing things with my very own body.
Also good choices for the kids. Let the training begin.
You all have a great day!
Post a Comment