Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween faux pas

So, I forgot this little Halloween story. We had a bit of a neighborhood party before going off trick or treating and so there were 12 kids getting ready to go. I told Benjamin and Sophie to get ready and wait on the porch while I got Carsten. I assumed that they would realize that it was only 13 degrees outside and would get the proper winter attire of hats and gloves. When we left I checked that all those things were there. After walking all the way up the hill and back down Benjamin complains that his feet are cold. I look down and he has on his crocs with NO socks on! You've got to be kidding me we've already been out for 30 minutes and he is just now complaining. I quickly ran back into the house to get his socks and boots. As I came out he was upset because the kids had gone on trick-or-treating and he was missing out not that he was getting frost bite.

3 comments:

Dawn W said...

I love it! Got to put the first things first - it's all about priorities.

NicKim Family said...

Holy cow 13 degrees for 30 minutes!! Awesome story!

Andrea said...

Nothing like a good pair of holey crocs in freezing cold weather to keep your feet a movin'!

I remember comparing candy buckets with my sister when we got home as a little girl. I would get upset if she had more candy than me or better candy for that matter or the flavor I wanted....the list goes on! Candy is THE number one priority, right?!