Monday, February 9, 2009

Pirates of Alaska

After the boys had been setting up the pack n'play as a pirate ship I decided it was time for something I didn't care if it got ruined. A family moved into the ward last week and I hit them up for a few of their moving boxes. Below are the creations. There are still many things that Benjamin needs to make it up to snuff but it's a good beginning. I used a roller shade for the masts and the boys created their images. It is saving by spare bedroom from certain ruin as gangplanks (wrapping paper holder) and the bed which was the ocean.

Carsten with his sword and ready to take over the ship next door.



Captain Hook peaks out from his home base.



These are the "cannon" balls shot out for the cannon holes on the side.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

NicKim Family said...

That is so awesome - I love that kind of stuff!

Danielle said...

What a cute idea! And heaven knows I have a "few" boxes laying around after our big move!

lanita said...

Now that is one cool pirate ship! There's nothing like a cardboard box to keep them entertained for hours!

Bowles said...

Boxes sometimes are the best toys. That is awesome that the boys got to make ships. A+ you on making it possible for them to create ships of their own.