Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going Crazy

I always tease the boys that they are making me lose my mind but today it is really true. A typical mid-week drive into town to do some errands. I had my list and it was all to be quick stops. First stop, the FedEx store to drop off a project for lamenation. No problem, in-out, buckle Josette in run to the other side to get the boys buckled in and away we go. Carsten taken to wondering around the car with a strange guy talking to him. Costco next stop and then it hits me, did I put the stroller back in the car? No, I left it in the parking lot next to Josette's door. Call FedEx, whose employee thinks I'm nuts but oh well. They find it and will keep it safe until I can get back to the store. Next 3 stores all in and out no problem. All done loading the kids in the car and where's my cell phone. Now I don't use my cell phone but once a week but it still burns me. Back into the last two stores to look for it, no luck. The boys by this point are starving and you know how a hungry kid can be let alone two starving boys. Get everyone back into the car to go back to Costco, the last place I know I used it to call about the stroller. I look down to the passenger side floor mat and there's the phone, AAGHH. I'm glad it was there so I didn't have to do the Costco walk through again. I got out of there once with out having to get Hot Dogs but twice would have been a really big stretch. Go back to get the stroller and on home. By this time it's 1:30 and I'm wondering what's up. Matt makes some pregnancy joke, which is a big fat NO and not even funny at this point. I just say it's the boys.

8 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Catherin,
what a crazy day of errands! I am glad you found everything, I feel like I have days like that also. btw: eliza looked at the picture of your family on the blog and said look ben that's our cousins! I didn't say anything but just smiled.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Yeah, Been there, alot lately! And I am also NOT pregnant! Kids can make you lose everything, most of all you head! Sorry you had such a day! It is nice to know I am not the only one though!

Dawn W said...

I can so sympathize - Quick errands always turn into lengthy outings around here. As a matter of fact, I'm not so sure there even is such a thing as 'quick errands.'

Danielle said...

What a crazy day! You poor thing! I'm glad you made it through in one piece!

NicKim Family said...

Oh Cat, at least you can laugh! Thanks for sharing - I love your stories.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Thanks for making me feel more normal.

Andrea said...

I am a little insulted you didn't call me to drop the kids off for a "playdate"! ;-) I live in the "big city" you know. I would be happy to save you from all this hullabaloo next time, just give me a ring! Besides, Lexi looooves having people over and I don't mind the distraction either. I am glad you can laugh it off...I need a good example of "come what may and love it!" So next time if you are running errands out here, give me a holler. I promise not to holler back! (Or steal your cell phone and stroller lol.)

Blake & Melissa said...

Man, I have had one of those days just this past week! They seem to be more frequent than they used to be. :)