It's Saturday morning, 10:30am and I'm still in pj's. That is a bit strange for around here. I'm torn between what I really should be doing and what I want to be doing. I should be switching laundry, getting the kids to do their chores, figuring out what to feed the missionaries tonight and so on. What I want to do is finish my latest Dirk Pitt adventure, skiing but it has to get to at least 0 to take the kids or getting some more pictures organized. What to do, what to do.
Last night Matt and I went on a date to the cannery. We were supposed to be back by 9:30 or so. At 9:30 we called the sitter to make sure she was ok there for another couple of hours. At 9:30 we were getting turned around and sent back to Palmer/Wasilla because the freeway had been closed due to an accident. One of the great things of Alaska is that there is literally one road to get you from one place to another. That highway gets shutdown and there is no other way to get to Anchorage with in a week. So we ended up at McDonald's with the rest of our cannery partners enjoying hot fries and a hot fudge sundea.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Catherine, you'll have to send me your email. abredford@msn.com I think you might live by my sister. I'm sorry to hear about the cannery cancel, but sounds like you made the best of it anyway.
I miss good old AK! Sounds like a fun night anyway! And I enjoy the few days I can stay in my pjs past 9am! Enjoy the moments when you can!They are far and few between!
Catherine,
It was so great to read that you like Dirk Pitt novels. I love a good Cussler Novel and always feel like I shouldn't admit this weakness! I haven't decided if I like the books he writes with his son as well as his earlier books or not.
Sounds like it was a great trip the cannery and nice to know your kids were well cared for even when you couldn't get back right away. By the way I am curious why you can't take the kids until it is 0. Next week we will be down to 5 and 7!
~Kim
Hey - we LOVE Dirk Pitt! I'm still powing through Brisinger (keep reading it in too little of chunks to get into it), but can't wait to read Clive Cussler's new novel. By the way - are you connected to Good Reads? I'll send you an invite - it's like a book club via internet.
Post a Comment