Matt is always trying to surprise me and I have always found a way to unintentionally ruin his surprise. I even did this to his proposal plans. This time he got me good though. I was helping out in the nursery this week and Dad Mower came in and told me that Matt needed me out in the hallway. First thoughts I had were Josette threw up everywhere, Benjamin is bleeding, or Carsten had an accident. He was standing there with out any children and other fears started entering my head. I was then informed that we had to leave. I of course won't just go along with this but start to give the third degree. (Sorry hon.) I found out that I had 2 kid free nights. One at the Hilton downtown and another at Alyeska in Girdwood. It was so great being together and getting a small feeling of what life would have been like if we had been gainfully employed before we had children. I got to workout for two mornings in a row and go skiing with no time constraints.
We went to Kincaid park and it was my first time out there to ski. The views were incredible. We could see Denali and the inlet. I even started to get a bit warm in the negative 5 degree weather. I might have even been able to drop to 2 coats instead of 3.
Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Anne kept the kids alive, fed and happy. And they still loved them too! They came up and joined us at Alyeaska where I took them swimming and Matt and Anne went skiing. The first time Matt had been able to go downhill in 4 years and he didn't break a leg. I realised that the kids will need a lot more pool time before our vacation to some sunny beaches.
After the last year and a half it was wonderful to be together with out stressing out about a little person. Boy how did I ever get so lucky!
Lemon Pepper Salmon & Loaded Sweet Potato
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Awww he's so sweet! You needed the break I am bet. Nothing like spending some alone time revamping a tensed mother (not that you are - I am definitely but I am not so sure about you with your fun, laid back personality). The pictures are fab.
Post a Comment