Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm getting strength

I hope that I am able to instill some basic activities that I believe are important to having a happy life. Two of these of be changed into activities that I'm not all that thrilled about but don't know how to discourage while encouraging. The first is Benjamin. My poor boy has been stuck in the house for almost 2 weeks with out any major physical activity. Due to the holidays karate, tumbling and skiing had all been on break. Then there were the extreme cold weather. (Side note: It's snowing!!!We have had a 50 degree increase from a week ago.) Anyway, Benjamin has created his own exercise program. I am very excited when I come into the room and Benjamin states, "I need exercise so my body will be strong!"
Benjamin is saying "I'm getting strength." while he jumps on his brother's mattress.
Posted by Picasa


Our second habit involves a tooth brush. Josette has most enthusiastically taken to the toothbrush. She steals any one that she can reach and walks around with it "brushing". Fabulous until she uses the toilet and dog water (we're dog sitting) to help in the process. Gross! She even incorporates brushing while eating.

4 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Good work Benjamin, I wish I had that much energy. My workouts I am positive would be much more effective! Josette is so darling, it was so great to be around each of your kids. I often think of the mischief that Carston, Brett and (my) Benjamin could do.
~Kim

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Cute! My Bekah also loves brushing her teeth, all day long! It is a good habit though! Benjamin is still a busy but cute little guy! And too smart! How do you get mad at him for jumping on the bed, when he is exercising?!?!

NicKim Family said...

Lucy loved watching this video - so cute! I'm glad you posted it!

Andrea said...

Smart to put the mattress on the ground! I like that you are using the picture packet to do FHE's. I need to get some of those so we can do the same. Thanks for the inspiration! Perhaps sometime we can get together and have FHE.