Our own little Cindy Lou Who. Her hair has gone into this crazy growing stage and we can now get the two that stick up. She is so blond and curly that we get comments all the time. It's almost like being in Hawaii again.
This is a quilt I made for my newest little niece. It was the largest one I've ever completed and the first time I really did free motion quilting. After a few fights with the machine and finally taking it in for a tune -up I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
On to the legacy of the pink couch. This couch has been in the Mower family since the beginning of it's life 25 or so years ago. The pink couch was a bed for many a family members, provided good jumping points for my boys and had been just an all around great couch. In fact it had been soo loved that you could feel the boards in the back and the boards at the bottom. It finally found a new home outside of the Mower family and I even got 10 bucks for it! It has been replaced with some very comfy leather couches that we got from some friends who were moving. Matt can't wait for football
season to start.
Keeping our garage sale open an additional 3 hours really paid off. We sold the couch and an old mattress that was just
as old as the couch. I love cleaning out stuff but it made for a very long couple of days. Thankfully the next day was Mother's Day and I got to take the day off.
Preschool is officially over!!!! I had an end of year party at the house for both preschool groups. ( I had done a different group for Benjamin and Carsten.) Of course the battery to the camera was dead but I got one picture of the kids doing the parachute. We had face painting and a bean bag toss. I'm not much of an artist so it's a good thing the kids just thought it was cool to have something on their face. We also had homemade pizza with other salads. It was a fun year but I must admit that I am very happy that I don't have to worry about it for a little while. Doing two different groups was really tiring at times but well worth it for the boys to have their own times. I'm just grateful that I had so many other moms who helped pick up and drop off while I was teaching the other group. Next year it will just be the C man to teach.
With that little bit in mind there are only 3 days of school left. HOORAY! The weather is still holding and I can't wait to get out biking and hiking with the kids and not worry about having to get back in time. I'm also so excited to have Sophie home with me again. I really miss having her around during the days. It's going to be really hard once Benjamin starts. They are all growing up way to fast. But the flip side is that I am starting to get some of those little other goals done. Like I might be able to run a long distance race next year. My body is starting to return and will get to stay one size for a while. It's the little things that I look forward too.
Matt and I have been trying really hard to get in a date night at least every week. This week was a bike ride out a Eklutna. Beautiful weather and not much mud made for so great riding. Now Matt has a bit of a history with this trail. 3 years ago he came out to pick me up from a girls camp. Mile 1 flat tire, Mile 5 another flat tire and on the return trip another flat tire. 3 flats in one ride! So we began our great date and 4 minutes and 3 seconds into the ride... a flat tire. We were right before the 1 mile post. After 10 minutes of trying to get the spare pumped up we called it good and made it 4 miles before having to turn around.

10 comments:
Catherine,
looks like many things are coming to a close for you. It is great to finally have the kids home and things settled for the summer and fun. I wish so much that I could have a preschool group like you do (everyone sends their kids off to preschool here) but we are making it work just me and the boys which is fun also. today they asked if they were going to have preschool today and both were sad when I said no not until tomorrow. thats gotta make me feel good!
I LOVE your little Cindy Lou Who. the med students all called eliza that when she was about a year and that is all I could do with her hair. Very darling!
sorry Matt about the bike, sometimes you just can't win! I wish we had all the great things you guys have available makes me think we really DO need to practice in AK and be neighbors! I am still keeping my fingers crossed that we will be neighbors again some day!
I think my life is busy and I only have two kids!! Glad to hear and see that things are going so well. Who is the new little niece? I'm glad someone in that family of yours finally has curly hair. :-) Enjoy your summer.
Laura
Josette's hair reminds me of Annies. Your quilt is gorgeous and I am so glad that couch has so many memories. I can't believe it lasted that long. Enjoy the summer. We are excited to come.
Oh my, Josette's hair is so adorable! She is such a doll! I'm glad you were able to have such a good time with your g.sale! Oh, and your quilt, beautiful! You are so talented! I bet you guys will have a fun summer, and I'm sure Sophie will love being at home with you too!
Hey! Looking for places your directions still. Yeah for you making it through two pre-schools! You are totally awesome. Josette is such a beauty! I am helping with a garage sale this weekend ... sigh. Poor Matt and you with the tires. One flat after another. What a pain. I hope you had fun on your date anyways.
I can't believe your flat tire luck! Unbelievable! I just realized we have the same back ground on our blog! We just have to copy those Mowers! :-)
I totally remember that couch! I'm sure it will be a great couch the the next owner. J is super cute with her cindy lou who hair, she reminds me of a little sophie!!
i LOVE that quilt! i wanted to do free motion with my machine, but got scared. so i had it professionally done. but i want to next time. it looks fun!
I love the quilt - very nice!
Garage sale - so nice to purge, isn't it, and a financial reward at the end makes it even more worth it.
Sorry about the flat tires, but that really is a funny story. :)
Is that a picture of my bum?:)
Post a Comment