We have had 4 days of 70 plus weather and as a result the kids have been outside from 8am till 8pm. I extended that until midnight getting yard work done. I also realized that I didn't take a single picture during this time. But we did run through the sprinklers, wear sandals and shorts, and get some color on our cheeks.
It was also my week to drive kids to school. I decided that I am more than ready for school to be over with! I'm so tired of having to have everyone up, dressed and fed by 8am. Out the door shortly there after and running around making sure that I'm everywhere on time. Now mind you I limit what we do and have been saying no a lot more lately. I am ready to throw the watch out and let the kids wake-up when they are ready to get up, take our time with breakfast, get the breakfast dishes done, a load of laundry going and beds made before I leave the house. I also realize that I struggle being the good homework encourager when it's the nicest weather we've seen in 2 years. How do I make Sophie stay inside and do her homework when that's the last thing in the world I want to do. We did get it all done but this is another thing that summer break brings. All I can say is 12 days of school left and no more fighting mornings (to get up), afternoons (to get homework done), and evenings to get to sleep so that we can start all over again. HURRAY FOR SUMMER BREAK!!!!! Now out to tempt fate some more and try planting my garden 3 weeks early.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Throwing the watch away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Catherine,
it all sounds so wonderful and hopeful. I am jealous of your 12 days left of school. we don't get out until the end of June! goodluck with the garden, can't wait to hear how it turns out.
Wait a minute...how do you have nicer weathe in Alaska than we have in Pullman?!!!! Not fair! :) Our kids get out mid-June, do you start early there? What kinds of yummies are you going to grow in your garden? We are having our first garden ever at our house, do you have any good resources for preserving?
All I can say it that it better be good weather when we are there. We are ready for a warm AK summer when we come. Hmm? Maybe we are coming a bit too early or maybe too late. But anyway we are excited to come and spend some time with all of you.
Post a Comment