Sunday, November 15, 2009

Friday

I have spent the whole week trying to catch up on sleep from our "sweet potato" slumber party for Young Women's last weekend. The scouts/Young Men had their annual "couch potato". A new tradition was also started and the 8 year old girls had a tater tot sleep over. It was said that the tater tot group stayed up till 2am, while the sweet potato group finally caved at 4:30 am. I must say that I have finally crossed the threshold into the "old" category. I can only handle so much squealing.

Friday was a great day. Carsten had an unknown dream realized when he was invited to his friend Olivia's Build-a-Bear birthday party. He was so excited to go and the reports back said he had the biggest grin the whole time. He choose a Panda bear and named him Po. Yes, after the Po in Kung Fu Panda. He slept with Po and still had the smile all day Saturday.

Sophie on the other hand was a happy little lark all week because her friend was coming over for a sleep over.

Then enters poor Benjamin who was left feeling very unloved. So Matt took him out for ice cream and while they were gone I broke out the camera to document some of the happenings in the Mower household.

Coloring time! I'm going to take moment to sing praises to my talented children who lovingly decorate my home with scraps of papers and wonderful drawings. Memememememe...


As far as personalities go Carsten and Josette are very, very much alike. It's so hilarous to be with these two who are so full of fun and adventure. They even do the same kind of cheesy grins when the camera comes out.


This is the state of the temporay table in the dining room. The pictures are for my young women in excellence this week. I have some really great pictures that are hiding away on my computer that I really wanted to display in a different way. So I bought some canvases, photo adheasive and Modge Podge to create some really fun canvas prints. I had the "brillant" idea of doing this as a way to display photos for Tuesday night, hopefully they'll all be done by then!


Sophie is officially a very big girl. We are going to have to warn babysitters that they are the ones in charge and NOT Sophie. She is a wonderful help and very much a little mother hen to her siblings, for both the good and the bad. I let the girls make cupcakes ALL by themselves. Sophie's friend is standing on the foot stool, Sophie is flat footed on the floor.Sometimes the batter doesn't make it all the way in but hey they still taste the same.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Such a good mommy. Your children are looking so grown! I look forward to moving closer. Let's get to walkin'...

Nicole said...

I love that Sophie is standing on teh stool. I will need a stool to stand next to her before too long! I am so happy that Carsten had such a good time. He was AWESOME! And in case you haven't heard it enough, love your kitchen!lie

Nicole said...

OK I did not type lie at the end of my comment!! It was the first 3 letters of the security word and I was in the wrong box!