Tuesday, March 18, 2008

6 months

Very crazy but Josette is 6 months old already and doing great. She's put on 2 pounds in the last month and so she is really starting to fill out and look like a healthy little girl. We finally have her in her crib, she's been next to mom for much longer than all the rest. We survived spring break and even had some fun. I tried to do one fun field trip a day which can be a bit of a challenge with break up going on. No outdoor activities are available between mud and ice. By Saturday evening dinner time when Sophie asked, "what are we doing for fun next?" I was close to losing it and really happy that school started again on Monday. I was always under the impression that as they got older I would have to do less of the entertaining but boy was I wrong. The only difference is that a bowl and wooden spoon don't seem to cut it anymore.
Matt took on the challenge of taking all 3 kids to the library and each one got to pick a movie. Benjamin came home with the original Superman movie. We watched it for family fun night, with capes on. Benjamin has now moved a little from Superman saving the day to Superman's flying techniques. Right arm, switch to left and then both arms to go really fast. I didn't think much of this switch in focuses until Sunday when Benjamin informed us that he could fly off the roof of the house and his cape would fly in the air behind him. Thankfully I can't figure anyway onto the roof for him but I am a bit concerned that he'll use this same theory with a 2nd story window or the deck. And of course I could guarantee that Carsten would be right behind him, like Robin is to Batman.

.
Our big HEALTHY 6 monther

The bubble maker at the science museum.
This picture is more to show the fish tank off to mom. Check out how clear it is. It just mysteriously cleared up after mysteriously turning so green that you would see the yellow eyes of the fish fade in and out. We tried emptying the tank several times to get it clean but nothing worked. All of a sudden I got up one morning and it looked like this. There are two large fish who are camera shy. We can't get anymore fish because the orange one rules the left half and Pig, the black fish, rules the right side and neither one will allow any other fish onto their side. Eyes are eaten and gills have chunks taken out to any fish that tries.

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Catherine,
I can't believe that Josette is 6 months old now! The pictures didn't show up on my computer so I will have to try again later. What a great accomplishment after all that you and she has been through. I can't wait to meet her and see all the rest of the clan!
I can understand that frustrations of entertaining during spring break. I feel pretty lucky we are headed to my parents where I don't have to do any entertaining! We find out tomorrow where we move to next...!
Love, Kim

The Kay Family said...

Happy 6 month birthday little Josette!! I can't see the pictures either, but I am sure she is getting big. I feel the same way about breaks, but it is with Daniel being home, not the kids!! He needs projects to do over the breaks or he gets restless!! Hope you guys are all doing well.