The PICC line attempt Failed. Her poor little veins are scarred from the NICU PICC lines and they couldn't push through to the heart. So on to plan B, which is....? The powers that be will be meeting and deciding what the best course of action will be. Well, I know one, she could have bowel movement and be able to nurse but that is not in our control. The women trying to put it in is the best around and everybody defers to her for sticking, she really has the respect of everyone. So I felt really good about her trying and failing. She needs to get nutrition and so they are going to give it to her through her regular IV. The problem is regular IV's fail and this means that this nutritional mix will leak and that isn't really good for tissue. Right now Josette is sleeping well after being made sleepy.
Sophie and I had a great day together and she helped keep me occupied during the 3 hours they were doing the procedure. She has gotten to be such a big girl. She also kills me at Memory.
FUNNY MOMENT: It all began after giving Josette an initial dose of something to "take the edge off" before the actual morphine was given. If she spoke her quote would have been " I love you man". I really wish I could have made a video of her. She was laughing and smiling. There was a red light on her finger and she would wave it in front of her face and laugh. She had us all rolling.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Not so good a day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whoa - so how did I miss all this? I thought I stayed current on your blog but all the sudden I noticed I missed a few.... poor baby girl. How do you all get any sleep at night? Good ol' NICU PICU nurses! They are truly a God send. I am so glad to know you are surrounded by happy helping support as well. Your kids are growing so fast - it seems like I was just in Eagle River a few months ago...but I guess it has been 9 months! We need to get together when you are not having to make runs between PICU and home. Unless you need refuge in Anchorage and in that case, my door is open! I'll send you an e-mail with our number. God bless you all! Andrea K
All your french cousins would love to be close to you. Alaska and France is so far ... We send you millions of kisses and our mind and heart is all day long with your "little super girl" and her fantastic sister and brothers.
With all our love
Valérie
Catherine,
I am so sorry things didn't work out. We hope things will look up soon. Thanks for the updates and we will keep praying!
Thanks for the update Catherine. Sorry it didn't go as planned, hope it goes well soon. Still thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment