We are playing the waiting game, which is killing Matt. After an x-ray this morning there is still a portion of intestine that is very lax. The intestine being a muscle can be overstretched and like any muscle stretched too much needs time to get it's strength back. Though it is the hip thing we have also decided that we are NOT a green family. When her stomach juices are green it means that bile is building up and things aren't going down the pipeline.
We are also going to put in a PIC line this afternoon to start getting some fats and nutrients into her. 5 days with out an food is the limit. Just goes to show you can go a while without food it's the water you need. (Means I need to start re-thinking my food storage strategy.) Josette will be sedated while the put in the PIC line so that will make for less trauma.
Matt did the hospital night last night so that I could get some sleep. He was a bit grumpy with everyone because as soon as she would fall asleep someone would come in to check vitals. Benjamin though was very happy to have me home and got up at 6am so that he could come to the hospital and hang out with me. He had way too much fun hanging out here and playing games. Whack-a-Mole is a new game I going to have to invest in that the kids loved. A hammer and things to hit is every child's dream!
*Good thing for the day: Abbie is our nurse! Here husband works with Matt and we all play softball together.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Waiting game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Catherine,
I am SO sorry! Give Josette a hug and kiss for me! I wish I was there to help out. We will be sure to keep her in our prayers as well as your family. Keep us updated on how she is doing. You are a great mother and have a great family! Keep smiling and know that we are thinking of you.
Love,
Kim
Whack a Mole huh? Lucy loves Hungry, Hungry Hippo right now, maybe I'll have to get Whack A Mole soon for her? I bet she'd love it too! You guys are in our prayers! We love you!
I hope the waiting game is soon over and that it is good news all around. And if you need anything let me know!
Catherine and Matt and Kids, We are thinking and praying for little Josette! You guys are awesome parents who are going thro more than 90% of us eh? We are grateful you have family that can be there for you and great Drs! You are in our thoughts and Prayers!
Brent, Mamie and Fam
Wow I'm so sorry to here about Josette. Will keep your family in our prayers and I hope that the "waiting game" ends soon.
I'm so sorry to hear about your little Josette! That is never a pleasant thing to have your kids sick and in the hospital. You guys are AWESOME parents, your kids are so lucky to have you! So how did this intestinal problem happen? Was it from when she was born with that little hole in her tummy? Poor little thing! We are prayin for ya!
catherine and matt, we are so sorry to hear about josette. we will certainly keep her and you all in our prayers. we hope she is better soon!
Post a Comment