As of yesterday morning Sophie became that "cool" kid. I remember being in the 2nd and 3rd grade making braces out of paper clips. While Sophie sat in that orthodontic chair I told her how I had wanted braces so bad that I did this. I had forgotten about that but all the kids wanted them. At what point braces became "uncool" I'm not sure but for right now life is good. All the kids in her class keep telling her that they'll have to get braces soon too. The only down fall is that she was growing up way too fast and now it just skipped a couple of years. Nobody will believe us now when we tell them her real age.
Sophie is modeling her new hat and sweater compliments of a very talented Meme who has been knitting like a crazy women.I have officially gone crazy as I run all the kids in different directions. I guess this will be the next 17 years of my life. We are doing a mom (joy) preschool again, which I love. This year though I've split up B. and C. because they 1) they are on different learning levels and 2) they really need some time apart! B. and C. have become so overly competetive. Now competition is good. I fully support a good competetive streak but it is total meltdown if one is done before the other. B. was even saying that his stitches were worse than C's! It is a sad day when B. is excited to visit the ER and is pulling us by the hand to make sure we take him. It was his first visit and he was sure proud. Everyone at church knew about how he tripped on the wooden stairs and cracked his chin open. In the long run it is going to save us a ton of money if I get a nursing degree just so I can learn to do stitches.
I guess two plates of lasagna will do you in!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
How to be the coolest kid in 2nd grade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Catherine,
You are so busy and still keep you head...you amaze me. the kids all look/sound great. The sweater and hat are so cute and Sophie looks great with her braces! They really are growing up way to fast!
~love Kim
I can't believe how grown up Sophie is! It makes me smile thinking about your family. We hope you're doing good! Love the lasagna picture!
Oh my goodness Sophie looks too cute! I always wanted braces too, but never needed them. Are you really thinking about getting a nursing degree? You amaze me! If I were to go back that's what I would do too, but I don't even want to think about it right now.
Can you really get braces at her age, all ready?? I remember being one of the "cool kids" too, back in the day in 5th grade getting braces. WOW!! She is sure growing up!
your family is so cute. sophie is so grown up. i love the lasagna pic.
Post a Comment