I don't know how many of you do this but daily I sit back and think, this is my life. I have a wonderful supportive husband, 4 incredible kids and I live in Alaska. It truly blows me away because it is nothing like I would have guessed when I was 23 and returning from a mission. I'm sure when I'm 100 I'll say the same thing. I never really envisioned what my future family would be like. I guess there were children in the picture but 4 seemed like a big stretch.
We went for a fall walk this evening and the kids were racing ahead of us. S. with a multi-colored stripe hat, and sunglasses. B. with an army green rain coat, bright blue shorts, black church socks, blue water crocs, and to complete the look a red fleece hat that velcros under his chin with a small bill (a size too small). C. was looking a bit sharper with a green moose hat, rain boats and his white collared shirt with a red sweater. As this motley crew was running ahead I turned to Matt and said, "they are ours!"
I just feel very blessed by a loving Heavenly Father!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
this is my life?!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And we are the lucky Grandparents and parents of this amazing family in Ak. We love you all. I could see in my mind the way the kids looked. It brought a smile to my face.
That's a great post! You have a pretty great life - Just keep enjoying it!!
Can you email a good clear picture of the kids for us to put on the fridge? Lucy likes to play with pictures and magnets, but when I tried copying them from your blog there were too small. She'd love it!
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his rewad."
As arrows are in the hand of a might man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Psalms 127:3-5
I have thought of this scripture many times since we started our family. It is more special as our fmaily grows and we see our children raising good latter-day-saints.
Post a Comment