We dreamed of a nice camping trip at the lake. Biking with friends and hiking around in the beautiful sunshine. What we really did was.....
First of many Soccer practices.A dance recital...
that the boys survived with out any outbursts. It's just a good thing that Benjamin's little crush Jordan was dancing in most of the dances. (She's 17 and used to be one of my MiaMaids that Benjamin has loved since day one.)
Matt built one of these. For all those garden tools that we use but 3 months a year. And the huge snow tires that take up most of our garage.
While I built one of these....and loaded and unloaded 20 bags of sand to fill the box.
Worked on my garden and mowed the lawn.
Had a bar-b-que with close friends. Roasted marsh mellows, ate yummy food and put our feet up for a little bit.
Meanwhile, the kids ate a lot of popcicles and did a lot of swinging.
Sunday which is not included in the photo story was filled with Matt speaking in two wards and feeding the missionaries, always a treat for the kids.
And of course a classic Sunday conversation during the passing of the sacrament between Matt and Carsten.
Matt: "Carsten why don't you draw a picture of Jesus or of something Jesus did?"
Carsten: "I like drawing bugs."
Matt: "Yes, but we need to try and think about Jesus during the sacrament. Bugs don't help us think of Jesus."
Carsten: "Dad, Heavenly Father created the bugs."
What are you supposed to say to that?
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh my goodness...I can't believe those kids. I need to see them. I miss you guys so much. This pictures just make me laugh.
Love it! Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Wow, what a productive weekend!! Do you have video of the dance recital?? Lucy had her's tonight and I think she loved watching everyone else almost as much as she loved to be on stage herself.
Oh, and I love, love, love the conversation between Matt and Carsten, that is so awesome!
I can't believe how much you guys got done in! Do you want to head this way next...I have a great list.:o) Eliza had her first dance recital this week. I couldn't help but remember watching Sophie a year ago. I bet it was great again this year. thanks for sharing all the pictures!
Can't wait to come and play in the sand pile and put our feet up with you and the kids. The shed looks great. The garden looks better than ours and the kids are getting way too big way too fast. love you all
Too too cute! Can't argue with kid logic can you? :)
After our winter visit I still expect to see snow. Duh! It is amazing to see all that you can get done when the sun doesn't go down until 11-12. I think AK should adopt the "Siesta" custom. The shed, sandbox, garden, yard all look great! Even the kids! How fast they can change in 5-6 months.faboe
busy busy busy, fun, busy!
Nice.
I love your blog! And the shed Matt built and the sandbox and the quilt. Dang but you are industrious. You remind me of JaDee's sister CaMee. She has 6 kids, runs a national craft business, breeds English mastiffs, gardens, cooks everything from scratch, etc etc. Love it! and love that we know you in AK!
Post a Comment