Sunday, August 23, 2009

First week of School #1

During dinner tonight we were having our Sunday dinner conversation. Every Sunday we discuss what everyone talked about in their church lessons. Everybody takes a turn and I am always amazed at what they remember and discuss. My lesson in YW today was about the influences of different types of media. I asked the kids if they could tell me of something that could be used for both good and evil. Benjamin piped up with, an ax.

Josette is well, Josette. Such a little riot. She is constantly running around calling for "the boys". First thing in the morning she asks for Dadda (which is really mamma) and then she looks for the boys. She also always wants to carry her back pack which is really her red lunch box.

It has been gorgeous this week. Bright blue skies with warm temperatures. We had our best visit to the zoo ever. Even this little melt down didn't ruin the trip. The above picture is Carsten beginning. The bench in the background was were he wanted to eat but it was in the shade and Benjamin wanted to be in the sun (I did too). Since it's Benjamin's last day trip with school starting, we took to the sun. Carsten then moved to the ground to protest. A full 45 minutes later we are done and Carsten is happily eating on the bench in the shade.

The snow leopard is my favorite animal at the Anchorage Zoo. They are such magnificent cats. The blue sky behind is what we were enjoying.

Carsten always has at least 3 items in his hands. For family home evening it was a skewer, a little tool bar with a screw and bolt and a play belt. When we asked them what they were it was his sharp sword, a gun and a rope. The topic of our family home evening was loving your family. Where does he come up with these things? It's always something different.

This morning after I had left for my meeting Carsten refused to put on his tie. Matt said fine and left the room next thing he knows Benjamin is chanting that Carsten looks like a girl because he's wearing a bra. HUGH!! Carsten had wrapped his tie around his chest and to Benjamin that's what it looked like. I guess I'm going to have to lock my door now to keep my privacy, little ones barging in is just no longer going to cut it.

Sophie officially started school this week. On Thursday she brought home her social studies book just to get ahead. No homework, just wanted to be ready for the next day. I wonder how long that is going to last.

5 comments:

Dawn W said...

Well Catherine, you have to admit - an ax can be used for good or evil - he's right. :) By the way, you are quite a good photographer.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Sounds like things are still crazy and fun at your house! The kids are getting so big!

Nicole said...

I love it! the fit was great! And on your last post, I know exactly how you feel. We have brother moments much like yours with exclamations of "hating" and "killing" and "selling." It made me feel normal to read your post so feel normal knowing that I am right there with you! (or maybe we are both insane).

NicKim Family said...

I laughed out loud at the ax comment - that is so clever! It was really fun to read about their little/big personalities!

Dawn W said...

Hi again! I'm just dropping in to send you a link to a blog you might like. Hope your summer's going well!

http://savvymomsaves.blogspot.com/

P.S. Have you read The Seamstress? I think you might enjoy it.