Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Halloween


I think Carsten's style of getting the donut was best, against the rules but who cares about rules at two.


We had a great Halloween with way too much candy. The youth in our ward put on a carnival for all the primary kids and did a great job. The kids each had their own technique to get the donut off the string. Benjamin after wanting to be superman, Captain Hook and many others that I can't remember finally settled on a dinosaur. Carsten wore the Cougar costume for its 5th Halloween in a row. Except to ask him it was a Lion, I didn't have time to get a main on. Sophie was the White Witch of Narnia. The boys ran around eating everybody and Sophie would turn them to stone. It was very funny when Benjamin told Sophie to quit turning him to stone and she shot back with quit eating me! We had no snow and it was a pleasant 40 degrees on Halloween night so we had a great time trick-or-treating without all our snow/cold weather gear on. When people offered the bucket of candy to let the kids pick what they wanted, Carsten would very seriously pick one at a time until either I pulled him away or the person took the bucket back. When we got home each one had their own way of displaying their candy. Sophie, layed them out in a circular fashion on a couch cushion. Benjamin, layed his out in a line across the living room floor. Carsten, put his all back in the bucket after we checked it and started eating it as fast as he could. Carsten started of course with this huge king size dark chocolate bar, meant for Mom and Dad. Josette helped pass out candy and then had some milk, which probably had a small amount of chocolate considering how many mini- candy bars I'd eaten.

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Catherine,
Welcome aboard...though I am not one to talk since I don't blog but Nigel does for us! I couldn't see the pictures but I am sure my computer will decide one day to let me. I can imagine the kids in their cute costumes and it sounds as though you guys had a great halloween and the beautiful pictures of the mountains...sigh! Someday we will come and see you guys!
Love,
Kim C.

Mower Family said...

Wow I hope not everybody is having problems viewing the pictures. I've heard from a couple people that they couldn't. Is eveybody having issues?