Sunday, November 11, 2007

The white stuff


We finally have some of the white stuff falling. We have had such a brown warm winter so far, I'm not complaining about the warmth but I have been dying to get out skiing. It is so pretty when the snow starts to fall. Along with the white stuff we had a fun Saturday with Meme. While Benjamin and Sophie were at primary practice I took Carsten to get a haircut. I've given up trying to cut it and keep his scar covered. He of course was a perfect angel for the hair dresser and it took all of 2 minutes. He finally looks less like a wild child being raised by the wolves and the handsome little boy he really is. Sophie also decided to let us cut off her long locks and go back to looking like my little 6 3/4 little girl. It is great not having the hair brushing battle every morning. Meme then took us for a real treat and we went to the movie theatre to see the BEE Movie. It was a first time in a theatre for Benjamin and Carsten. They thought it was pretty cool. The kids were great. I thought that Carsten would have a hard time but he did really well. It was a fun movie. A lot like Shrek with adult humor done so that the kids don't catch it. We miss Matt lots but he is having is own little adventures in Austin.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Bowles said...

Jeeezz! It blows my mind how fast your kids have grown. When did Sophie get to be almost 7. In my mind she is still 3&4.

The Kay Family said...

I'm with Sarah, when did little Soph's grow up?? And get darker hair too?? She is beautiful!! Hope you are all doing well, and staying warm!! Love, Janene

bowman family said...

It still feels like yesterday we were all in the same ward and Sophie was just a sunbeam. Time flies. I would love to see some pictures of Alaska when you get a chance. Take care.
the bowmans

Andrea said...

Happy fluffy white stuff - I never thought I would be this happy to see the snow fall! I usually despise winter but this one was bare for so long! Perhaps we can get together and ski sometime....Andrea K

twoplustwins said...

Catherine, I love the pictures of the kids they really are growing, it is so fun to see. Isaac just asked me the other day when he was going to see Sophie next and if we could live by her! Sounds great to me!
I am envious of the snow, I keep looking around hoping it will come. I am ready to pull out the skate skis and give it another go.
love,
Kim

Dori said...

Wow! Your kids are so big and so beautiful! So good to see pictures. What are all of the scar stories? That's so cool that you cross country ski, I would be doing the exact same thing if I lived where you do! Keep up the blog, we miss you guys! Love, Dori