Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just a Great Week

This week has been a good week all around! I got to go out on a little walk around the block, all by myself and just relax for a second. It was a winter wonderland with snow falling, I could smell somebody's good Sunday dinner and the smell of burning woodstoves. I know this sounds a bit like some fairy tale but it was just beautiful. Josette had her 2 month appointment this week and it went awesome. The first appointment since leaving the hospital that hasn't required another trip to the hospital for more tests. She put on a pound in one week!!!! That was huge since she hadn't put on any weight since she left the hospital 4 weeks ago. She is a healthy thriving baby at the moment.
My mom had to finally go home on Wednesday which was a bummer, I've really gotten used to having her around. Now I understand why everybody used to stay close to family and help each other out. All I can say is thank goodness for our extended families in wards and friends. Matt after being gone for two weeks surprised us by coming home a day early. That was so nice, I was dreading the Saturday alone and trying to entertain the kids. Then we did something we haven't done in a while, we got a babysitter and went on a date. We went shopping for new clothes for me. I hadn't done it in so long it was totally overwhelming. If Matt hadn't been there I would have left and gone into my comfort zone of getting things that the kids need. I can't even believe how awful it was going into those stores, my wardrobe is so out of date that I had no idea where to begin. But I ended up finding some things. We came home to 3 very happy kids, put them to bed and then watched Transformers. It was a great end to the week.
Another big thing is that Matt after a year and a half got released from the bishopric. It was so weird having him home right after church. It will be great to have the help on the bench again. The kids know that my arms are only so long and the bench is longer. Today's fun was flying paper airplanes to the kids behind us. I really do try but for some reason the kids seem to know when they can tag team me and church is one of those places that I can't haul them both out at the same time, though I have tried.

3 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Catherine,
I cannot tell you how comforting it is to know that other people have exciting Sundays as well. People always leave from sitting next to us as the twins are trying to get way afterwards and say " you sure do have your hands full...UGH!" I just smile and say that is the way we like it! I really don't know what else to say, oh well.
I am SO glad for you that Matt is back. I admire you for doing Sacrament without him for so long. I went to church for a month without Nigel and secretly hoped that the kids would be sick...they never were so we went and survived.
Love,
Kim

The Kay Family said...

Cat, I am so glad to hear that little J is gaining some weight and doing well!! What a relief. I am also glad to hear that you had a great week and hope that you have another one this week. You are a GREAT mom!! Love, Janene

Mower Family said...

Kim I am so glad I'm not alone!!!! You would fit right in in our little world of sacrament meetings. It sounds like you needed to be in this ward to remind some what fun little boys are!