Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hatcher Pass 10/27

The little specks you see are Benjamin and Carsten with Forest working their way back up the mountain.
A view from the parking lot of Hatchers pass. A lot of the big Northern light pictures you see are taken from here.

This last weekend we went with some of Matt's co-workers to a mountain pass about an hour north of our house. It was an absolutely beautiful day for skiing and sledding. The husbands took the kids sledding while us ladies went backcountry skiing. The snow wasn't groomed yet and we even had to cross a little creek. My skiis got wet crossing and so I had a bit of an ice build up that added a bit to the workout. I held up pretty well all things considered. I felt like going all day but my heels were a bloody mess and about 2 miles in I had to say that I needed to turn back. It felt so good to be out getting a little exercise and working up a great sweat. I think I might be able to convince Matt to do more of it with me when we get back from Scotland. The kids had a blast going down this big hill with Forest, a friend from softball and spouse of a co-worker. We then stopped at a place that has 23 flavors of soft serve ice cream. It was very good and might have to become a tradition when we go that way. We were being brave and let the kids eat in the car. Amazingly enough we only had to wash clothes and car seat covers, no ice cream got onto the car.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Kay Family said...

It is SO beautiful there! I agree that you definitely need to make it a tradition to go there more often! I am so excited to follow your family more with your blog!! Love, Janene

Bowles said...

Catherine,
I am glad you joined the family of bloggers! It turns out to be a great way to keep up on everyone. Its so beautiful were you are at!! I am excited to see more from your growing family.

APAPAOOHMOWMOW said...

Grandpa Mower says: Great idea, I have tried to make one but need to get back t it. I could not play the movie of Carsten on the table, when I tried to click on the movie logo in the lower left hand corner. Not sure what to do. Do you?